PROMOTE CONTENT PRIORITIES AND TARGET INFORMATION DEFICITS
The greatest desire is for stories about how donations directly impact collegiate members, but there is broad interest in all fundraising categories.
Content that resonates most with alumni members and supporters:
– Outcomes of leadership development programs
– Student welfare and academic achievement
– Information from/about their chapter of affiliation
– Future plans of the national organization
– Overall organizational accomplishments
– Updates on the achievements of fellow alumni
Student-focused programs, organizational accomplishments, and the need for donations should be a high priority for inclusion in all organization communications.
Resource: Designing a Communications Plan to Enhance Your Fundraising